5.2.08

Frosty 5k

I participated in the "Frosty 5k" this past weekend in an effort to kick start my physical fitness program for myself. The first 2 miles were completed at an aggressive pace, probably approaching a world record. Horrible cramps set in after the second mile, which shattered my Olympic dreams as well as my ability to take deep breathes. All said, I was pretty happy with my performance, and ended up finishing with a time of 31:14, 1:14 off of my goal. So much for Beijing in August . . .

2 comments:

Markus said...

Nice job, Bill. Keep up the good work. I have never run in anything, but I think I'd like to someday.

Oooh - we could make a triathlon team or something. Like how there is a US Postal team in the Tour de France - you can fly out here and we'll do a triathlon. I'm sure there is one in the Puget Sound somewhere.

Jeff is in San Fran now; I'm sure he'd come up, so that's 3.

What do you think?

Markus said...

You were in a dream of mine this morning.

In my dream, the Army was making a movie - I think it was a Rocky movie. Definitely boxing, anyway. I was involved, though not IN the movie - more of backstage stuff.

You were working on the movie too. Except you were a big-shot producer, you were really rich, and you were basically in charge.

Then there was some other stuff with covert ops and assassinations and double-crossing soldiers (actual; not in the movie).... but you weren't involved with that. Sorry.

Anyway, just thought you might like to know.