13.7.07

Tattoo you

Arts Fest weekend has kicked off here at PSU, and that means tattoos!


Well, maybe not. After all, this is my third Arts Fest, and I am just now sporting my first tattoo. For those with bad eye-sight, it's a tattoo of a compass pointing to the northeast. The compass symbolizes outdoorsiness and direction. The bearing is to remind me where I have come from. All in all, I am very happy with it.

The getting a tattoo experience was less painful than I had anticipated . . . but it sure was painful! Jessie ended up getting a tattoo on her wrist before I went, which she described as feeling like a small electric shock. This was not my experience at all. Mine felt like the guy took a dull swiss army knife and cut the shape into my arm, then poured some ink into the wound to give it some color. He mentioned before I got mine that women tolerate tattoos a lot better than men, and I can second this.

Will post early next week on the rest of the happenings of Arts Fest.

3 comments:

Markus said...

Wow.
Nice move.

Hannah said...

I had no idea you were planning on getting a tattoo. I like.

Hannah said...

Oh, and one more thing. My friend Tricia (I think you've met her) is naturey/outdoorsey, and one of her mantras is "Direction is everything, distance is secondary." I like this, and think that maybe you should adopt it too.