27.6.07

Hardly education, it was somewhere in between . . .

Alright folks, I've been down in Blacksburg for over a week, and I think it's time for an update.

My work week this past week has been anything but. My time has been spent in a canoe on the New River, helping an office mate with her research. It's a tough job, but those streams aren't going to characterize themselves!

I picked up a kayak at Dick's today: the Old Town Otter XT Sport. Since my advisor is on vacation until July 6th (and I have nothing to do until he gets back), I spent the afternoon paddling around Claytor Lake State Park. I hope to get out to the lake at least twice a week.

This weekend I will be camping and canoeing along the New River to get some high resolution data sets collected for the office mate's thesis. The crew will consist of myself and three other grad students, so it should be a good time. I'll let you know how it goes!

Oh, and for those who haven't seen this . . . IT'S A TWAP!!!

1 comment:

Markus said...

There is no end in sight to me being jealous of you. *sigh* Keep up the good work.